Steps in the Application Process
The Clean Water Management Trust Fund utilizes an online Grants Management System (GMS) for submittal and processing of grant applications; as well as administration of awarded grant contracts. This system allows us to manage grants through a web-based interface from the application process through the final payment and project close-out, yielding increased efficiency, better task tracking for both CWMTF staff and applicants and faster payment processing times.
CRITICAL REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: In order to submit a grant application, your organization must be registered and an authorized user granted access to the GMS. This process can take 1 – 2 weeks. Please begin the registration process as soon as possible to ensure you are able to meet the grant submission deadline of February 3rd.
STEP 1. In order to create and submit a grant application, you must have access to the GMS. Check the following document for your organization and username: CWMTF Authorized Users
- If you find your organization and username on the list, you are already in the GMS - skip to Step 3.
- If your organization is on the list, but you are not listed as a user, skip to Step 2 to be added as a user.
- If you cannot find your organization name on the list, contact Terri Murray at 919-707-9122 to see if your organization is set up as a State vendor. Please have your Federal Tax ID number available. You may be required to complete additional forms before moving on to Step 2.
STEP 2. Once you have confirmed or completed vendor registration, complete the GMS Access Authorization Form and email the completed, signed form to email@example.com. Within 10 business days, you should receive an email containing a user ID and temporary password.
NOTE: If your organization will utilize an Agent or Subcontractor, an additional authorization form will be required. Click HERE to download the Agent/Subcontractor Authorization Form.
STEP 3. Log on the GMS using your user ID and password: https://www.ebs.nc.gov/irj/portal. Download the Navigation Quick Reference Document to help you get started. NOTE: You must use Internet Explorer to ensure all system functions work properly. If this is your first time logging on, you will be prompted to change your password. From this system, you can complete your 2019 CWMTF Grant Application for the program of your choice. The application forms and guidance documents will be available in the GMS no later than December 1st.
- Contact your field representative for guidance and assistance with your project.
- Make sure you have requested access to the GMS as soon as possible.
- Complete the PDF application form available for download from the GMS Home Screen, Create New Application.
- Assemble maps and any additional supporting application documentation.
- Complete the budget tables in the GMS and hit the "SUBMIT" button. Record the GMS application number for future reference.
- Upload Application, required maps, and supporting documents.
- For land acquisition projects only: Upload a georeferenced GIS shapefile of the parcel boundary as a .zip file.
Everything must be completed and submitted through the GMS by February 3rd, but please remember that you must have access to the system first, so be sure that you have started the registration process as soon as possible in your consideration of submitting a grant application.