Apply for an Innovative Stormwater Grant
- Contact your NCLWF Field Representative to explore concept eligibility and potential grant opportunities.
- Develop your application narrative and budget in light of NCLWF Evaluation Criteria.
Online Grants Management System Access
- Applications are only submitted online through the Grants Management System (GMS).
- If you are not currently using the GMS, click the following GMS link for additional information about the process to gain access.
Submitting a Complete Application Packet
- Once the application period opens, use the online GMS to complete the grant application process.
- After the applicaiton period closes, a field representative will contact you to schedule a meeting to review your application and discuss follow-up questions.
Application Scoring and Grant Awards
- All applications will be scored in accordance with NCLWF Evaluation Criteria.
- Funding awards are made by the NCLWF Board of Trustees who meet annually in the fall to consider grant applications.
NCLWF can consider funding innovative stormwater projects that demonstrate a novel and untried method to water quality at the project site and how it would contribute to achieving NCLWF’s goal of advancing stormwater-management practices for water quality. Any proposed innovative stormwater project application should contain a clear description of the methods to be tested and discuss how results from such a pilot test can be successfully transferred to other North Carolina sites with similar water issues or problems. To ensure that your project is eligible for NCLWF funding, consult with your field representative.